Thursday, March 12, 2009

shambles.




As my sister put it ever so nicely-- "bridget you are SERIOUSLY slacking" and i mean I KNOW. i am! im the worst blogger ever! But its not fair! I get home so late and all i wanna do is chill, maybe hang with the roomie and gooo tooo sleeeep.

OK but anyways- here's something a little bit exciting: I think I've decided what I want to be in life! At work we have these things called "Lunch and Learns" where top executives or people within the company come and eat lunch with the interns, talk about their lives, how they started etc. yes, it IS pretty much THE COOLEST thing ever- because honestly, when else would interns get chance to ask these (seemingly) intimidating people questions? Anyway, last week this woman came to talk to us and her role was the 'Fashion Marketing Editor' and she was probably THE coolest person ever. so cute, so stylish and so down to earth. anyway, shes basically in charge of all the fashion and products that go into the magazine. She gets to attend the shows, attend all the photoshoots, and visit all the designers showrooms (aka schmooze with the people i stalk on style.com) plus traveling around the world isn't so bad either (in her words "i don't know why i even have a desk!") Anyway, it mixes business (my major) and fashion (my secret obsession) into one.

also, i thought I'd share with yall some blogs i check everyday. Just so you know how I'm wasting? spending? getting inspired? everyday. ps-my favorite thing in the world are SHOES. note the trend.

- www.seaofshoes.com
(jane has quirky style I don't think i could ever rock, but I love how bold she is and I'm EXTREMELY jealous of her ability to get any shoe she has her eye on...actually, i wouldn't be surprised if most of her thousands of readers are living vicariously through her!)

- http://childhoodflames.blogspot.com/
camille has style exaccttllyy like mine. we both love basic colors and our wardrobe is essentially all neutrals with a some of color every now and then (red)

- http://jakandjil.com/blog/
like the sartorialist but focused on shoes!! amazing...

- http://www.fashionista.com/
what got me into blogs. no other words needed.

- www.fashiontoast.com
rumi... not necessarily my type fashion-wise, but still interesting to check out. and i mean the girl was personally invited to ungaro - call me curious!

- http://itslasfactory.blogspot.com/
laurel is the blogworlds success story. recently signed with New York Models (my old homebase!) its fun to follow her...

- http://shoesandyourmom.blogspot.com/
so cool. designer shoes on the cheap!

- www.thisyounghouse.com
love this blog! plus, my sister was just featured on it-so bonus points!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say-- shoes and your mom is CHANGING MY LIFE!!!! i had never heard of it until i randomly stumbled upon your blog (i just started a blog recently, too!) and now i am OBSESSED with it-- what a brilliant idea and a great way for those of us with ...limited... budgets to get our hands on some seriously WONDERFUL footwear!
    thanks for putting that link out there!

    ReplyDelete