Thursday, April 9, 2009

old habits die hard.




So something pretty typical happened recently. And in this order:

1. Walking down a street in New York.
2. Woman walking towards me.
3. Stare at shoes.
4. oo0o0oo0oo0o0oo
5. Stare at shoes more.

In this particular event, i turned my head as she walked past to get a better view of the shoes from behind (red soles? crazy shaped heels? sometimes shoes are as interesting from behind as they are from the front!) Anyway, next thing i know, a bum sitting on the sidewalk who has witnessed the whole thing and clearly mistaken my shoe lust for another kind is saying "you go ahead girl!" through a laugh. Mortified at being caught, i vowed to change my ways. But the problem has only gotten worse! Working in the Hearst building, lunchtime in the cafeteria is like net-a-porter come to life! I can't help myself--seeing shoes in real life, that i've drooled over for weeks, months or even years is better than seeing a celebrity. Is that so lame? I've come to realize how crazy that sounds but its true. Like those amazing phillip lim shoes that popped up in Britney's if you seek amy music video? I'm serriiously lusting after them and would probably stop dead in my tracks if i ever saw them. My sister just got engaged and i think i'm more excited about the shoes than the dress! Do yall have any embarrassing fashion habits? Do anything crazy?


ps. the shoes pictured above (via net-a-porter) are case in point. Not exactly my style, but definitely a head turner.

2 comments:

  1. Hahhaha, i have no weird shopping habits, at least i don't thinks so, i just go crazy and throw everything into my arms!
    XXXOXO
    Libby
    www.fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hilarious. and is definitely an issue for me as well. what do they expect?!

    ReplyDelete